Pickled Spruce Tips
Our Island-foraged pickled Sitka spruce tips are a unique and irresistibly zesty delicacy. Reminiscent of capers, our pickled tips add a tangy burst of fresh, woodsy flavour to any dish. The soft, electric-green buds on the tip of every spruce branch are taste bud-surprising treats rich in both nutrition and flavour.
THE DIVINE TASTE AND NOURISHMENT OF SPRUCE TIPS
Exceptionally high in vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium, Sitka spruce tips have been used as medicine and sustenance for thousands of years. If you’ve never tried pickled spruce tips, you’re in for a unique treat — they’re almost like lemony capers and add a tangy burst of flavour to any dish.
We love their refreshing citrusy flavour that has just a touch of woodsiness. Whether dried, pickled, jellied, or frozen, spruce tips add exceptional flavour when you use them in savoury or sweet baking, salads, cocktails, and teas.
Cooking inspiration for Pickled Spruce tips
- Brighten a plate of antipasto or a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese
- Ideal for garnishing classic cocktails like a Bloody Mary or Caesar
- Chop them finely and sprinkle on scrambled eggs or a fresh summer salad
- We love them minced on top of grilled salmon or almost any other seafood
- Lastly, use the brine to make a piquant salad dressing and in mayonnaise
Storing glass jars
Once open, store your jar of Spruce Tips in a refrigerator at 4 °C (40 °F) or lower.