Dried Spruce Tips
Part of the beautiful botanical bounty of the Island’s coniferous forests, spruce tips add an instant, deliciously one-of-a-kind touch to food and drink. Dried spruce tips have an herbaceous aroma and flavour sort of like a rosemary and lemon blend— an aromatic botanical bounty for your pantry. When infused the aroma of tropical fruit is pronounced; with flavours of lichee and honeydew melon on the palate.
TASTE THE WILD IN OUR DRIED SPRUCE TIPS
For thousands of years, spring-harvested spruce tips have been used by the west coast’s indigenous peoples as tea, medicine, and sustenance. The tender lime green buds on the tip of every spruce branch are zippy, taste bud-surprising delicacies rich in vitamin C, chlorophyll, and many other phytonutrients.
We sustainably hand-harvest the tender tips from Vancouver Island’s bountiful Sitka spruce trees. We love them for their incredibly citrusy and fresh flavour with a woodsiness that tastes like the essence of a forest in springtime.
CULINARY INSPIRATION FOR DRIED SPRUCE tips
- Use it to garnish cocktails, beer, kombucha, and create liquor infusions
- Liven up seafood with a spruce tip rub or in a lemon butter sauce with white fish
- Perfect in a nourishing herbal tea blend
- Make a refreshing spruce tip syrup infusion and add to a glass of ice and sparkling water, or use in a
- vodka, gin, or mezcal cocktail with a slice of lemon
- Rub it on steak or chicken before grilling
- Chop and sprinkle on loaves of bread or fresh-baked cookies
- Grind in a coffee bean grinder to create a distinctive herbal blend
- Make a spruce tip cordial for enjoying with clear spirits or tonic/soda