Marinated Chanterelle Mushrooms
Out of stock
Our zingy pickled chanterelles let you enjoy this prized mushroom’s flavour year-round rather than just in season. We pickle them in a brim of organic apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, rosemary, garlic, fennel seeds and more. Then they are left marinated in oil for a well-balanced sweet and sour fruity flavour. The perfect way to add zest and texture to your plate.
NATURE’S GOLD, PRIZED BY CHEFS ALL OVER THE WORLD
Golden chanterelles are sometimes called ‘edible gold’—once you get your first taste, you’ll understand why. Adored by chefs and foodies, many praise their colouring, delicate texture, and almost fruity taste and aroma. We forage them from Vancouver Island’s flourishing forests, where we find patches of chanterelles around trees, roots, and in the moss on fallen logs.
These wholesome honey-hued mushrooms are high in fibre and a good source of vitamins and minerals.
CULINARY INSPIRATION FOR Marinated Chanterelle Mushrooms
- Perfect with a plate of hors d’oeuvres/canapé
- Toss them into a crisp salad or add to a plate of antipasto
- Heat and serve over fresh pasta
- Tuck a few into a sandwich
- Lovely with halibut and fresh greens
- We love them with soft cheeses like brie and camembert